For Christmas, we got the three big kids tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters for last Saturday night, and oh, what a show! Since the kids had never heard of them (besides what we showed them on YouTube), Garreth and I were definitely anticipating it more than they were, but we all had so much fun.
(Check out the guy behind Garreth. He cracks me up every time I look at this.)
I loved that the kids were convinced that the opposing team was really a Washington basketball team and that everything that happened was real, not choreographed. When the opposing coach pulled out his secret weapon, a hypnotic umbrella, to trick the Globetrotters into losing, Liam was furious and said, "That's not fair - he's CHEATING!"
Being the world's biggest "Amazing Race" fans, Garreth and I were a little star-struck at seeing Flight Time and Big Easy in person. We seriously want to be friends with them.
Flight Time.
Big Easy.
All too soon, the show was over and it was time to take our over-priced souvenir ball...
...down for autographs.
But the crowd was a little too much for us, and we only got one. And we don't even really know who he was.
But we did get close enough to Big Easy to get a few shots.
And here's me and my big buddy, together at last.
Since we got home, Liam and Sam have not stopped their quest to become Globetrotters. The ball tricks never stop. It's awesome.
I think everyone should see the Globetrotters at least once in their lifetime.
It was just that great.
7 comments:
Man you guys have had lots of fun lately!
I have always wanted to go see them!!! And i think Big Easy and Flight Time are awesome, too! How fun! Love the music to go with the post :)!
How fun! You two are such great parents. I remember seeing them with my family when I was younger and it was fabulous!
You guys have way to much fun. That's all there is to it!
I've always wanted to see the Globetrotters. Maybe some day.
I agree. Too much fun you're having. Too, too much. No harm in that, though. Life is short. We're all just jealous.
I'm so glad you had a good time. I went with my dad as a little girl and I'll never forget. The star then was Meadowlark Lemon!
Ah, Flight Time and Big Easy. How fun to get to see them.
Post a Comment