Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bieber Fever

A few weeks before we moved, we surprised Grace with tickets to see Justin Bieber in concert at the E Center near SLC. It was a good decision. That girl was so excited. I never saw the smile leave her face that night. (When he came out, she said she thought her heart was going to stop!)

To be honest, I was excited to do something that would make my girl incredibly happy, but I wasn't that excited about going to the concert myself. It was more just because someone needed to take her. Boy, was I surprised. What an awesome show it turned out to be. I seriously loved it. As a pre-teen/teenager, I was into dark alternative music (I mean, I saw the Cure three times, for crying out loud.) I never got into New Kids on the Block or any of the other "boy band" crazes, so it was especially fun to watch Justin and the crowd of screaming girls. Very entertaining dynamic. And boy, that kid knows his fan base. When he brought a girl up on stage to sing "One Less Lonely Girl," everyone in the audience (including me!) wanted to be her. But even with all the hype, he still seems just so NICE and normal. Really good kid.

I'll say it again: the show was just so GOOD. I'm used to concerts that are just about the music, where the band comes out and just jams, sometimes not even stopping between songs. But this one had costume changes, home videos projected on the big screen, and different props and scenes for every song. He really mixed it up and it was perfect for the crowd there.

It was the best girls night out ever, one that we'll both always remember.


There were two opening girl bands, then Sean Kingston.

Grace's face alone when Justin finally came out was worth the price of the tickets!









0 comments: