Thursday, September 2, 2010

Wyoming Adventure Week, Day 2

On Tuesday, we went to Western Wyoming Community College to see the dinosaur exhibit. School was in, and the kids and I had a great discussion about college. After answering a million questions, I asked them what they wanted to major in in college. This is what they decided: Grace - Marine Biology, Liam - football, Sam - discovering things, Declan - undecided.




Touching a real dinosaur bone.
A cool pendulum in the student center.
We had fun posing with the Easter Island head. (AKA "Dumdum, give me gum-gum.")

We also discovered a creepy room full of taxidermy. I guess there's a couple in Rock Springs who are avid, world-traveling hunters who donated their collection to the college. Sam and Liam loved it here (and wanted pictures with nearly every animal), Grace and I were sad about the animals, and Declan was just plain creeped out.




For me, it brought back this:
Have you read it? Same author as "Life of Pi," very strange, very intense, very thought-provoking. One of those books you think about long after you finish reading it.

3 comments:

Kris/Mom said...

So there are some interesting things in Wyoming.

The Schmidt Family said...

Love the easter island pic! So funny!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

So where is the Easter Island statue?

Looks like fun times! I hope you're feeling settled and at home in Wild Wyoming!