Monday, December 20, 2010

Basketball

Liam had the chance to play on his first basketball team this season. Remember when the kids were in soccer and I said there is nothing cuter than little boys playing soccer?

Well, I changed my mind. I think the cutest thing ever is little boys playing basketball.
He went to a clinic put on by the college team and loved playing with the Western Wyoming players.
He also loved getting all of their autographs on his ball and on a poster that now hangs over his bed.
Here's our little LeBron before an actual game.
His team was the Nuggets, and they were not the strongest team in the league. In fact, they only won one game. It was very hard for Liam, since every other sports team he's been on has been really good and won most of their games. (His fall soccer team seriously dominated.)

Most of his basketball games ended with Liam coming home and having a good cry. It was hard to see, but I also think it was really good for him, character-building even. And boy, did he get to be a good little player. He improved so much from the beginning to the end of the season. Garreth and I loved going to his games and watching him play.








This picture is just so sad. This was after losing their very last game, but Liam's face looked like this after most games.

Let's just say this season provided us many opportunities to talk about sportsmanship.