Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Our Alaska Home

A few weeks ago, Sam, Garreth, and I went on an epic househunting trip to Anchorage.  Houses there are ridiculously expensive, and we knew this before we went so we knew our standards could not be high.  We looked at so many houses and found lots of good options that we were excited about, but everything was a project.  Most were very dated and would have required some major renovation.  And not that we weren't up to that, but after all our work finishing our basement in Rock Springs, it was a little exhausting to think about. 

And then we came across a house in our price range that had only been on the market two days.  And it was gorgeous. And move-in ready. And we jumped on it.  And now we have a closing date the second week of July.  And we are pretty dang excited. 
 My favorite two things about her? 
1) The trees!!!!! (I've been in Wyoming two years, remember?) 
2) The neighborhood.  Quiet, tree-lined street and a one minute walk from the boys' elementary school.
 Liam's new room. I took the pictures off realtor.com so don't go thinking Liam has a bouncy pony and pink pillows in his room.
 Sam and Declan's new room.
 Upstairs bath.
 Upstairs landing.
 Master bedroom.
 Master bath.
 Backyard.  (yay, trees!) Take a good look now because it's about to become totally white trash.  Garreth and the boys are already talking ziplines and treehouses.


 Entry.

 Dining room:
 Family room:


 Kitchen. Um, obviously.
 Grace's room.

3 comments:

Errica said...

I'm so excited for you; it's beautiful. I think I'm going to go cry for an hour or two...

Madison Bowman said...

This looks great! I love the yard and TREES!

Jaime S. said...

love the house, it looks great.