On Saturday, Evan had a long visit with his family, so we decided to take advantage of only having four kids and went to the Vancouver Aquarium. I know I say it all the time, but man, I sure love going up to Canada! British Columbia is absolutely gorgeous, and as Garreth likes to quote me as saying, "It's like a whole other country up there!"
Most of you know what a travel nut I am, and since I can't do much traveling now, I don't mind getting my itch scratched by reading travel books. I read "500 Places to Take Your Kids Before They Grow Up" not long ago, and this aquarium was one of the author's favorite aquariums in the world. And for good reason - it's pretty amazing!
Two boys and a caiman.
You might notice that the theme of the day was not losing Declan. In the first picture, you will notice him trying to escape the stroller. You will also see him on both parents' shoulders, and finally and most effectively, his kid leash.
Sam's fish face.
Okay, a little griping here. Whenever I take one of my many thousands of pictures of Garreth and the kids, I try to get them to look at me and smile. But on the very rare occasion that I ask Garreth to take a picture of ME with the kids, I'm lucky if we're all even looking in the direction of the camera, and we usually get something like this:
Look at how sad they look! They are sure to look back years from now and think, "Boy, I must have enjoyed my dad SO much more than my mom!" Well, okay, they'll probably think that anyway.... but Garreth's camera apathy is not helping my case!
Jellyfish.
At the touch pool.
Declan and a beluga whale. There were 2 moms and 2 babies. (I dare you not to get a Raffi song stuck in your head now...)
Sam and a "Baby Beluga in the deep blue sea, you swim so wild and you swim so free..."
We got to see the dolphin show, which was so awesome.
Fun day!
4 comments:
It looks like a cool place. We too are always trying to keep track of Tegan, 2 year old boys!! :)
This last bubble-head pic is just cracking me up. You are looking really good, Erin! xoxoxoxox
Wow Erin...I'm so behind on blogging. Congratulations on 12 years. We love Harrison Hot Springs. You are so amazing. I miss not seeing you, you busy momma!
I love that place! We need to go back again it's been a few years and we have a couple of kids who missed it the first time.
Post a Comment