In second grade the past few weeks, Liam has been learning about grammar and is seriously loving every minute of it. Here's how I know he will probably love English class as much as his mom did:
Walking out to the mailbox with me, he said, "Mom, do you know that what we are doing right now is a verb?"
He also taught me that what has already happened is the "past tense," what will happen is the "future tense," and what is happening right now is the "gift tense."
And last, but not least: The other night at dinner I was asking the kids what they wanted to dip their veggie corn dogs in. Sam said, "Ranch and ketchup and mustard." Liam sighed, shook his head, and said, "Sam, you're old enough now that you really should be using commas. It's 'ranch comma ketchup comma and mustard."

4 comments:
Oh I love it, Liam!!!! Halle is getting Grammer rock for Christmas! Never too young to start, right?? We love and miss you guys.
You should go to familyfun and print off their Christmas Mad Lib for him. Kaylynn loved it because she new what all of the noun, verb, adjective stuff meant it was a whole lot of fun.
First of all, I didn't know you were and English geek? I wish I could be one but I lack the talent. I can't even spell correctly! (I can use adverbs though).
I loved this post!
P.S. I sent you a Christmas card, but it came back. I had sent it to your old address. I re-mailed it today with your correct address that I obtained from you Christmas card envelope. Loved your picture by the way. Merry Christmas!
Liam, you are awesome! And yes, just like your mother! We own School House Rock, but my kids won't watch it yet- maybe in a few years. . .
Post a Comment