Friday, June 4, 2010

Waiting for summer...


We had enough warm weather to tease us for a while and now the rain never stops. Such is life in Washington. While we wait for summer to finally come, here are some things we've been up to.
One day we came home to find this mama duck and her two ducklings marching across our front lawn.
The kids have been staying busy with lots of end of the year school activities. The boys and I got to eat lunch with Grace and walk laps with her at lunch recess for the Feel Good Walking program.
And she won 2nd place out of the whole fourth grade for a water conservation poster she made. We are so proud of her!
Sam's preschool had a special outside activity day, but it got rained out so the teachers set up a little carnival in the fellowship hall and the kids had a blast.



And since the class was full of wee Washingtonians, they still had Bike Day and the kids happily rode in the rain!



The preschool also had a big school picnic, which was lots of fun.

Then it was time for graduation. Yes, tears were shed. Really? Kindergarten already?!?






3 comments:

Nicole said...

Class of 2023??? Jeff will be officially registered this week and I am still trying to decide how I feel about it.

Nicole

Tracy said...

I love the glasses!

I think that is the same duck that waddled through my yard! (see my blog)

Filipe, Joei, Miranda and Nico said...

Might be the greatest picture of Sam ever taken (2nd photo from the bottom)! Good luck in Kindergarten, Sam!!