Sunday, August 21, 2011

Glasnevin Cemetery

Since this was my third time in Dublin (how lucky am I?!), I told Garreth that I wanted to do some touristy-type things and see some things I hadn't before. And since I also have a slight obsession with cemeteries, the Glasnevin Cemetery seemed like a cool place to check out. It was within walking distance of Stephen's house and we got to walk past a few of Garreth's old schools.
Two adorable cousins.
A secret alley that Garreth used to take to school. Also where the kids found a nasty pair of crutches that someone had thrown out with their trash. Those crutches really slowed down the pace of our walk... and caused many an argument about whose turn it was to use them.
Walking around the cemetery. It did not disappoint.



I've decided that even though I'm neither Catholic, nor Irish, I want a huge Celtic cross on my grave. They are so beautiful.



This tower is a tribute to Daniel O'Connell, an important man in Irish history who is known as "The Liberator."

The blasted crutches.
The grave of Michael Collins. If you don't know who he is, go watch the movie. It's awesome. And it has Liam Neeson in it, which makes it even more awesome.



0 comments: