After getting the Christmas tree, we rounded up some cousins and went to the Logan Fun Park for some birthday fun, starting with some Laser Tag.
Vinny's signature "mad face."
The kids had a great time and worked up an appetite and Grace chose the Olive Garden for her birthday dinner, so Garreth and I put on our big boy pants and took eight.... that's right, EIGHT kids out to dinner. By ourselves.

It actually wasn't too bad and only one couple sitting by us asked to be moved, so I count that as a success. It totally reaffirmed my desire to have eight kids. Garreth still isn't convinced.
After dinner, we went back to Preston for the Festival of Lights parade.
This year the city ran out of money and decided to cut the festival, but my mom rallied a committee and resurrected it. It was awesome, and we are so proud of her! Easton and Liam got to ride with her in the razor pulling the rodeo float.
The whole, cold gang.
Then it was back to Nana and Papa's house for more celebrating with cake, ice cream, and presents. I had Grace pose with her cake and it slid right off it's platter to the floor! Luckily it landed frosting-up, so we dug into it anyway!



Liam gave her Just Dance 3, which came in very handy at her very first friend sleepover a few weeks later:
On Saturday, we went south to visit Nanny Flo and met up with Davy and Rachel's family in Ogden. The kids climbed on the climbing walls, then Grace got to do something very special for her birthday - indoor skydiving!


I love this picture of her nervous little face!



She did awesome and had so much fun!
We are so glad Grace is in our family. I don't know how I would cope without another woman around! She is so caring and helpful and fun to be around, and I love the gorgeous young woman she is turning into. We love her so much!
2 comments:
I can't believe Grace is a Beehive. Happy Birthday!!
What a fun day and fun, exciting present!
You guys are such great parents!!
I can't believe she is 12! She is such a beautiful girl, looks like she had a great birthday.
Post a Comment