Grace began her life as a thespian with a perfect little community production of a 1940's live radio play of "It's a Wonderful Life." When she auditioned and I heard the premise of the play, I just couldn't figure out how they could keep it interesting, but I guess that's why I'm not in the theater business. Because, boy, was it awesome. It was such a fun way to tell a very familiar story, and I was so impressed by the level of talent in little ol' Rock Springs.
It was in a small theater downtown in the Elks Lodge and it was so popular, they had to turn people away every night. They even added a 5th performance to accommodate everyone who wanted to see it. Grace had such a positive experience and not a lick of stage fright. (Those Ratchford genes!) She was a natural, and we are so excited to see what other acting opportunities come her way!

Grace played a young actress who did the voices of Peter Bailey, Zuzu, and young Mary.

So adorable!


There were only three kids in the performance, and they were all so great.

Grace and the lady who played the older Mary Bailey.

My mom and dad drove all the way over to support Grace and it meant so much to all of us to have them there.
We are so proud of our girl!
In other news, Declan has had fun making awesome things in preschool.

And the boys and I braved the frigid cold to hit the downtown Christmas parade, while Garreth and Grace were at one of her performances.

Hot chocolate was necessary to warm us up afterwards.
Just a little gratuitous male nudity.
Liam wrapped up a great season of basketball with the Timberwolves. They only won two of their games, but had a great time playing, and Liam really grew as a player.


We went to a Turkey Zumba party at the boys' school and Liam won the drawing for a big turkey, which we cooked up for Christmas dinner. I hear it was delicious.

1 comments:
How exciting for Grace!
Post a Comment