As much a fan I am of long-haired boys, Little D's was getting a little shaggy and falling into his eyes too much.
I decided to give it just a little trim, which turned out very uneven and chunky. Not to worry. A new Great Clips just opened up and was having a $4.99 haircut sale. So I took him to have a professional clean it up, making sure to tell her that I did not want his bangs to be cut straight across and I just wanted a tiny bit taken off.
You know the saying "You get what you pay for"?
It's completely true.
This is what we left with.
Do you see a resemblance?

The only difference between Lloyd and Declan was that Declan sported a great curly mullet in the back. I do love the "Business in the front, party in the back" look, but not so much on my baby.
I thought about having the lady just give him a "big boy" cut with the clippers, but having seen her talent level already, decided to keep my mouth shut and fix it myself.
So here is the new Declan.
You can tell that he's pleased with the results.
Me? Not so much.
But we are beginning to grow out the curls again... starting tonight.
10 comments:
Declan looks so handsome and much older with the big boy haircut. Looks like you guys are having lots of fun on your spring break. I remember the Tobiassons. Fun that they live close enough to visit.
You should have let him keep the mullet! He and I would have had matching haircuts :).
I'm so excited to see you guys this weekend!!!
He's handsome no matter what! Tegan just got a haircut too- they'll be buzzed twins for Easter! Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow.
Ahh I have massacred a hircut or two in my day. Luckily it all grows back right?
This is so funny! Oh well. At least it will grow.
How are liking "Life of Pi", by the way.
Ha, ha love the mullet! As you have seen we struggle in the same area. Jason caught me trying to revitalize the nipped off curl with a curling iron.....and said he was buzzing Max before he would ever let that happen again.
I love Lloyd Christmas! He has great hair.
Great Clips strikes again! We've been victimized as well...
I usually figure that I can mess things up as bad as Great Clips, and I can do it for FREE!
In high school, I cut Ryan Hoffman's hair once and made him look like a girl. My next hair cut, was on Derrick the night before our wedding. He must have been trying to prove his love for me or something. Poor guy has had to go to work with some pretty bad hair cuts! And then when we moved to Pocatello, our first trip to get his hair cut, we learned that there is only ONE haircut done in all of Pocatello. Every guy has the same cut, and they don't know that there are any other options out there!
I went to that sale too. Total hack-job.
Post a Comment