Today was our last day in Leavenworth and we wanted to get an early start, so right after breakfast we headed down to the river for a quick swim. Miranda and Cole jumped right into the cold water...
...but it took Grace and Liam a little longer to take the plunge.
After showering and checking out of the hotel, we went into town for ice cream. There was live polka music in the park (and who doesn't love that?) so we listened while we ate.
We also saw some old men in leiderhosen (and who doesn't love THAT?) so we posed for a picture.
Then we were homeward-bound.
On the way, we saw this sign and Garreth and his BFF saw another opportunity to take their shirts off:
Then we had to explain to the kids why we thought the sign was funny (leaving out our imaginations' picture of nudists picking up trash on the side of the highway) and what a nudist was. Our explanation? Some people don't like to wear clothes all the time, and since that's illegal in public, they organize clubs so they can be nude sometimes. After we said this, we heard Liam mutter under his breath, "Man, I want to join that club."
It was a very fun weekend with great friends in a beautiful place. Thanks so much, Muffolettos! We love you guys!
7 comments:
Man, you guys have been rockin busy! All of it looks very fun. As hot as it's been, I'm with Liam. I might consider joining and nudist camp.
What are the new changes coming your way? You've got me curious now.
Wow Erin, you are on top of the posting!! We had such a great weekend with you guys - the pictures are great! Can't wait for next time!
I love all your new posts. That little river trip looked like lots of fun. I love Sam's new do.
Beautiful pictures by the river. Sounds like you guys have had one heck of a summer!
Andrea
we found it and it was awesome! Thanks for the tip-what a great vacation.
K, so I know what a 'nudist camp' is, but what the heck is a 'family nudist camp'? I don't even want to think about that one!
Did you have to weat the Real Salt Lake hat in the "nudist" picture. I've spend a lot of time and energy building that brand and in one snap of a picture, you've destroyed it...curse you...
Post a Comment