On our last day in Preston, I got to spend some time with my dad and my sister Cait floating down the Bear River. It was so much fun and very beautiful.
My dad, me, Madi (who met us up there with some friends), and Cait.
We made it home in time for the rodeo parade.
We always love seeing my mom ride by with the rodeo committee.
After the parade, we got Declan settled in with a babysitter and rode with Papa in the jeep to the rodeo grounds, getting there a little early to brush shoulders with the cowboys and queens and bum rides off of important rodeo people.
Sam loves this next picture of him and Nana riding with the cowboys:
Before long it was time for Nana to ride in the serpentine ride.
I know these pictures are a little blurry - my camera just won't keep up with the speed of that cowgirl!
We totally scored with over-the-chute tickets this year (it's all about who you know!). For those of you who aren't familiar with That Famous Preston Night Rodeo, over-the-chute tickets are the best seats in the house, right next to the announcer's stand and over where all the action is. We got to see the cowboys getting on their bucking bulls and horses before the chutes opened. (We also saw lots of cowboys changing clothes in the corrals behind the chutes, but this is a family blog...)
You probably know enough about Sam to know that he was in HEAVEN!
My sisters Cait, Madi, and me.
I had so much fun being back in Preston and spending time with my family. It was really a perfect vacation - we got to do so many fun things and see so many people we love. Thanks for everything, Mom and Dad! I love you so much!
2 comments:
I truly love these blogs. It is so fun to see our visits so quickly. I just have to learn how to save all these pictures!
You know how to pack a lot in during one week. You must go home exhausted. I love Sam and Liam decked out in their rodeo clothes.
Post a Comment