Not much to blog about lately. After a busy summer, it's been heaven to have nothing to do and nowhere to go. We have been staying in our pj's until 10, playing in the yard, going on bike rides, making cool huts,
and just plain hanging out.
School starts on Wednesday, and it's time. When things are going great and we're all having fun and the kids are getting along, I think that I never want summer to end. I truly love having all my babies home with me. But then there's the times when it seems like nobody can get along at all and the fighting nearly drives me insane, and then I'm grateful that school is starting. I think it's good for them to miss each other a little bit! I heard one mom say that the last day of school and the first day of school are her favorite days of the year. I love the freedom of summer and I love the structure of the school year, and fully appreciate both! And now, we are ready for some routine.
And I think if I got to choose awards for the "Best Of" this summer, the awards would go to the Blaine Library Summer Reading Program, and Legos. I would not have survived the summer without these two MVPs, who helped my children pass many happy, quiet hours in harmony with each other. Thank you, dear friends.
4 comments:
I couldn't agree with you more. My kids can only handle so much family together time!
Very well said! Awesome hut, too.
Those are my 2 favorite days too. I'm so ready for the structure of school (mostly for myself to get back into a routine). But I love having the 'no committment' time during the summer too.
Hope you all have a great school year!
I'm excited for school to start too, Lindsey's been out since May and we still have another week to go. Glad you can spend your last few days relaxing.
Nicole
Post a Comment