Thursday, February 17, 2011

35

The actual day of my birthday was not such a great one - I had a cold, then Grace got sick with strep throat at school and we spent the afternoon at the doctors. Garreth and the kids made it special though, with streamers and balloons and gifts. Garreth even bought an ice cream cake the night before, but decided to hide it out in the garage freezer. Which wasn't plugged in. It may have been runny, but it was yummy!


The rest of my birthday week got better. Garreth and I went to go see a movie - my choice - and both loved it. ("The King's Speech." Go see it.) Then we left on Saturday morning to head over to Salt Lake for a day of fun. Grace and I went shopping at IKEA while the boys went go-karting, then we all met up for dinner at the Mayan.
It's been years since we've taken the kids there (in fact, Grace was the only one who remembered it) and boy, were they in heaven.

I mean, what's not to love about a restaurant with cliff divers,
drummers in head dresses,

acrobats who do tricks on a huge scarf,
and fire dancers?


Meeting one of the divers. Grace might have found her dream job.

It was such a fun night. The next morning, Garreth had an early flight to Houston, so we got a cheap hotel out by the airport and spent the rest of the night swimming in the hotel pool. It was a perfect, week-long birthday celebration with my family and I loved every minute of it!