Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Toledo, Spain

On our last day in Spain, we took a 30 minute train ride to the city of Toledo.

Grace and the turtles in the train station in Madrid.

When we got to Toledo and left the train station, we saw a double decker tourist bus and decided to take the bus tour of Toledo.
It turned out to be the perfect way to see this beautiful town. We saw views we never would have seen walking.






In town, we got off the bus and went to a museum/ruins of an old castle. (It wasn't that cool and I can't even remember the name!)


The best part of Toledo was the catedral. Maybe my favorite church of the entire trip.



Toledo is famous for it's marzipan, so we had to give it a try. Here's Grace next to a castle made entirely of marzipan.




We flew home early the next morning.

It is hard to express how grateful I am that I got to experience this trip. Not only did I get to see two amazing countries, I got to see them with one of very best friends, my little girl. It was so fun to be with everybody, but especially Grace. At 11 years old, I know it won't be long before she can't stand me (glimpses of that are already surfacing!) and this was another chance to truly bond with her. It was great to have her by herself without three little brothers around demanding my attention. She is such a great sport and always had a positive attitude. And I loved listening to her constant chatter about animals, life, and her big future plans. She is a smart, beautiful, fun child and I love watching her grow into a young woman. I am so grateful for the memories of this amazing trip that we will always share!