After leaving Birch Bay on Friday, we went south to Seattle and took the ferry over to Bainbridge to stay two nights with the other BFFs, the Muffolettos.
When we lived in Washington, riding on ferries was something we seemed to do all the time, but after a year of living away, it was a novelty again and I had to take a million pictures! Here we are waiting at the terminal.
And on the ferry.
We got to Filipe and Joei's house in the early evening and after a yummy dinner, we helped them break in their new firepit with some smores.
Garreth and Filipe are physically incapable of taking a normal picture together. Believe me, I've tried.
Nacho was excited to play with his best friend Al.
We took advantage of their lovely big trees and Garreth built a zipline for the kids in the back yard.
We haven't seen little Nico since he was brand new, so it was so fun to see him walking around like a little man. He is one dang cute kid.

We went to a great park for a picnic.

I know I've said it before, but this guy?
Watch for him in the MLS in 20 years.





Filipe and Garreth took Grace, Liam, and Sam to see "Captain America." Sam saw some ice cream and Garreth said he'd buy him some if Sam would let him pull out his very loose front tooth. The tooth fairy made a visit to the island that night.
Hanging out with the Muffolettos was a perfect way to end our trip. Thanks so much, guys!
We got up bright and early Saturday morning to catch the 7:00 ferry back to Seattle. It was a beautiful clear morning.
We even caught a glimpse of Mt. Rainier.
Seattle. One of my all-time favorite cities ever.
It was a long day. We made it all the way to Boise, where we stayed with Grandpa Tom and Grandma Merrily for the night, then headed home the next morning. It was such a fun vacation, I don't think we would have changed a thing. Except the part where we had to go home.
4 comments:
I love Declan's Portugal jersey :).
Love Seattle. Love the Northwest. Love your pics, and what amazing memories you make with your children. They are so lucky.
Washington is one of the most beautiful places I have been to. I think Utah is beautiful too, just in different ways if that makes sense! I went to University of Puget Sound for a semester, but got home sick. Still love Washington though! Looks like you all had lots of fun!
Looks like lots of fun! I bet you all miss it. I was so sad we missed you guys too in June. We'll definitely try again next time!
Post a Comment