Being a town settled by miners and railroad workers, Rock Springs' big claim is "Home to 57 Nationalities." There is even a monument and sign proclaiming that as you come into town. (I wish I could have been a fly on the wall at that Chamber of Commerce meeting. You know, the one where they brainstormed all the good things about this town to put together a tourism draw. "I dunno, we have a lot of antelope. Could we come up with a slogan about that?")
Anyway, I shouldn't make fun because their International Days celebration was really fun! Garreth was in Houston that day, so the kids and I went to the park to check it out. And I was really impressed. Lots of booths and authentic food from other countries, crafts for kids, and live bands and dancers. We had a really great time.





The kids were really into these medieval warrior guys fighting.

I know I've said it before here, but I sure do love any summer gathering. I am a girl of simple pleasures: give me a plate of Greek salad and spanakopita and sit me on the grass in front of a live mariachi band and I'm as happy as can be!

1 comments:
The mariachi band reminded me of "The drummer, he is on fire!"
Post a Comment