Friday, August 15, 2008

A Day at Lake Padden

With near-record temperatures today of 87 degrees (don't laugh, it is really muggy and nobody here has air conditioning!) the kids and I decided to beat the heat by spending the day at one of our nearby lakes.  I very bravely took all four kids and a picnic lunch, and we had a lot of fun.




We fed the local ducks while we were eating our lunch and apparently made some friends for life.  They swam with us the whole time.





Have I mentioned how much I love the beauty of where we live?  It's seriously breathtaking - you should all come visit and see for yourselves! 

4 comments:

AMPM said...

Kudos!! You are an awesome mom for taking them ALL and food. School starts Monday here........Where did the summer go???????????

Tess said...

What a fun day! The weather there sounds so perfect- not too hot. We've been high 90s low 100s for a long time now!

Nicole said...

Reading about all your outings makes me realize we live in the wrong part of the country, you are always doing such fun things. Glad you beat the heat, and you have my full sympathy, that's how the weather was every summer in Japan and we also had no a/c.

Madison Bowman said...

How fun! I don't know how you do it with 3 kids...you amaze me!
Have you read "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime" before? I love it! It's one of my favorite books :).