Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

We had a busy and fun St. Paddy's Day.  Garreth went in to each of the kids' classes dressed as a leprechaun and talked about Ireland.  I don't know who had more fun with that - Garreth or the kids.  I took some video, too, so maybe I'll try to post a little clip later.   

Last night we had some friends over for dinner... no corned beef or cabbage or anything Irish was served, in fact, the only thing remotely Irish-ish (like that word?) was a green grasshopper pie!  I really need to find some good traditional Irish recipes to make each year.  Garreth says as long as it's boiled and served with cabbage and potatoes, you can call it Irish. 

Liam had been telling his class all week that he was "half-leprechaun" so he was really excited when Garreth came in and proved it.

Green milk and Irish flag sugar cookies.
Irish dancing with the third graders.

2 comments:

The Schmidt Family said...

How fun! Garreth - YOU ROCK!

Jill said...

This is SO fun! Your kids have this little special thing about them that no one else has. They can celebrate St. Patrick's Day like no one else can. I love that Garreth does this for the kids!