Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday at the State Park

It is finally starting to feel like spring!  

Today was a beautiful sunny day and we spent part of the afternoon down at Birch Bay State Park, throwing rocks, collecting shells, and exploring tidepools.   










Today was so lovely that I couldn't help but get really excited for another summer on the coast.

  I know I say it all the time, but I am so in love with living close to the ocean.  

I love the smell and the way the air is just different here.  

I love that summertime brings a constant grit of sand to my floor and never-ending layers of dried seaweed to my sandals.  

I love that my kids are little naturalists and can spend hours on the shore.  

I love the calm, peaceful feeling that being near the water brings me.

After all, I am an Aquarius.  Maybe this is just where I belong.  

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sun? What sun? It is still snowing here :(

Kris/Mom said...

You know we are glad you love where you are. BUt you really belong in Cache Valley and you know it!!!

Jill said...

Ah, this does sound heavenly. I know I would love the ocean too, even though I'm a Gemini.