Sunday, May 2, 2010

Victoria, day one

On Friday we took the kids out of school early for an overnight trip to Victoria.
We always love riding the ferries and kept busy playing Tom and Jerry...
...trying not to get blown away by the wind...
...pretending to be a dog with his head out the car window...
...posing for pictures...



...and just enjoying the gorgeous trip through the San Juans.

By the time we got to Victoria we were starving and found a "vegetarian friendly" restaurant that turned out to be just vegetarian. The kids and I loved it (I actually could order anything on the menu - that never happens!), but Garreth was unable to find anything that appealed to his "Irish meat-and-potato" tastes. He was compensated later that night when he made a KFC run and discovered poutine. And I quote: "Cheese and gravy on fries? Canadians are absolutely BRILLIANT!"

Here's "Samantha" trying on my earrings while waiting for our food.
After dinner we walked around downtown for a few minutes,



then got too cold and decided it was time to go to the hotel for a swim.




More pictures to come. In true Erin-fashion, I took about 200!

1 comments:

Jenni said...

Fun! I love Victoria. Looking forward to more pictures.