Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Break in Preston

The day after Christmas we headed over to Idaho to my mom and dad's house, where all my siblings except one and their families were there. We had my mom's annual fondue and opened more presents. In case you were wondering what it's like at their house with 16 grandkids, here's a little taste:
It's a fun, wonderful madhouse! Nana and Papa spoiled kids and grandkids alike. They gave Grace maybe the best present of her life, a lifesize cutout of Justin Bieber. (Which is in her room and has scared the pants off of me more than once!)
I didn't take as many pictures as usual, but we had such a great time hanging out with everybody. (Madi, we missed you and can't wait to all be together next year!)
We went out to Hollingsworth's house to wow the kids with the amazing light display.
Monday was the annual Beckstead party, with all my dad's side of the family. The kids look forward to this day all year. My grandparents do an amazing job of planning and getting everyone together and we love this day! We've been doing the same things since I was a little girl, and it's so much fun to do them with my own kids now.
We did the pipe chime chorus.
Nana got really into this. (Sorry, Mom, I couldn't resist posting it! Your complete earnestness makes me laugh every time I see it!)
My parents had shirts made for all the grandkids with their number on it by age.
You really should click on the silly picture to make it bigger. It's a classic.

Grace and Halle have such a special bond. Grace told me, "I just can't get enough of Halle. I love her SO much. It's like we were always meant to be cousins."
Waiting for a turn hitting the pinata.
I love this sweet picture of Grace and Grandma talking.
Thanks so much, Grandma and Grandpa, for a great day! We love you guys so much!


We took a trip to Pop N' Pins Lanes for some bowling, which was so fun. Liam was excited about being in the actual bowling alley where Kip and Uncle Rico once were.





We absolutely loved seeing everybody and spending time together.
I love all you Becksteads so much!