Monday, January 10, 2011

Garreth's Birthday

Yesterday my favorite person in the universe had a birthday, and we had a good time celebrating. On Friday we went out to Coyote Creek Steakhouse for his birthday dinner, and Saturday he and I went to see "The Fighter." (GREAT movie!) Yesterday before church we opened presents and made him his favorite breakfast - biscuits and gravy.

After church we had a Skype call with our BFFs in Washington before a huge dinner of curry and chips, with banana cream pie for dessert.
Declan picked out this card, complete with tooting sound effects, and all the kids thought it was the most hilarious thing ever. (They have a very sophisticated sense of humor.)

(How cute is Grace's new haircut?)

I am so crazy about this man. He is such a terrific husband and father and he loves his family like nothing else.

Tomorrow I leave on a trip for nine days.

When my little sister got her mission call to Portugal in 2009, I knew my parents would go to pick her up when she was done, and I mentioned to Garreth how fun it would be for Grace and I to go with them. He absolutely agreed and said we would do what it takes to make it happen. And now he is taking a whole bunch of time off work to stay home and take care of the boys so Grace and I can have the trip of a lifetime.

I love that he just gets me. He knows how passionate I am about traveling and seeing as much of the world as possible, heck, he shares that same passion, yet he is very unselfishly giving me that opportunity. Even if it means our family room downstairs won't get carpet for a very long time.

There are no words to describe how excited I am and how thankful I am right now.
I love you, G.