Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Football

This fall Liam was finally old enough to do something he's been dreaming of for a long time: play American football.
I was not as thrilled about it as he and Garreth were, especially after the first practice when I saw how hard those kids hit. (It is a 4th, 5th, and 6th grade league, so some of those kids are huge!) But I have since come to love watching him play and seeing the passion he has for the game.
The season lasts about seven weeks, with weekly games and two-hour practices every night. It is definitely intense, but worth it. Training that hard has been so good for Liam, both physically and mentally.
His team is the Bengals, and they are awesome. They have won every single game they've played by a landslide. (The closest score was 14-0) At the end of September is the playoffs and the two best teams will play in the Superbowl. I think the Bengals have a terrific shot at making it!

I know that big, tough football players don't want to be described as cute.... but seriously? Look at this guy!












3 comments:

The Schmidt Family said...

He is SOOO cute!!! Love that picture of him smiling. Let us know when playoffs and the super bowl are. We would really love to come and watch him play!

Madison Bowman said...

He is going to be such a heartbreaker!

Jill said...

We just started football with our boys too..hilarious!