Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday Bike Ride at Lake Whatcom

And the winner of the best bike trail in the world goes to whatever the name of this trail is that we found down by Silver Beach on the north shore of Lake Whatcom. It felt like a scene from Jurassic Park. It was lashing raining so we bundled up and stuck the two wee ones in our new bike trailer. That's Sam's smelly noggin peering out the side panel (looks like some Russian WWII contraption). The rain just made the smell of the rainforest amazing. This place rocks...seriously. 


If you look closely, there's an indigenous family of Sasquatch lurking in those trees behind.  

Sam, Happy....Declan, Not (possibly due to Sam being way too tall for this thing)

My first look at this picture made me think of the paralympics with Grace about to pass me on foot, but once you know that I'm pulling a trailer, it all makes sense.

Sam loves huckin rocks into water more than life itself, a lad after me own heart.

9 comments:

Nicole said...

What a great way to spend an afternoon. Looks like fun, rain and all.

Kris/Mom said...

We are glad it is a beautiful place and so glad you found a home to make an offer on. But I am sure that you won't miss it too much when you move back to LOGAN in a few!

Love, Mom

The Schmidt Family said...

Oh my. I laughed so hard at the para olympics comment. SO funny. IT looks gorgeous there.

Tess said...

so pretty- we have got to get up there so I can show Lance beautiful washington!

quincy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
quincy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dannielle said...

I think this photo of Declan UNhappy is a first for me... He is always so content and giving that adorable grin.

fergusonfam said...

I found bedding at babiesrus.com, overstock.com, and http://www.beyond-bedding.com/. The last two were a lot cheaper and you get more than babies r us. Hope everything is going good. I always tell John that I want to be like your family, because it looks like you are always doing such fun stuff together. I love it.

Madison Bowman said...

I really want to come visit you guys! It looks amazing up there!