Question of the day: Do anybody else's kids fight as much as mine? It seems like it's worse in the summer when school is out and they are together 24-7. Today I got to the point of nearly calling my mom and apologizing for all the sibling fights I caused as a kid. I mean, now I really understand how hard it is as a mom to have the little people you love the most be so unkind to each other.
My goal for the week: Add some structure to our days and reinstate the chore list that we do during the school year and have neglected because of the move. I think a little purpose and work would help things a bit. Any other ideas? I could use all the help I can get!
This afternoon I decided that an outing was definitely needed before I tore every hair from my head. So we headed up the road to the state park and spent some time at the beach. It was amazing how much better we all instantly felt and how much better they got along.
See?
Hopefully Sam was pondering what his part in the familial peace initiative can be...
A nice aquatic shot by Grace.
After the beach we found a great hiking trail through the forest.
It was beautiful and seriously just what we needed.
We even saw a little squirrel in his cozy habitat.
After the hike, we headed into town for treats at the C Shop. Sam saw this giant ice cream cone and asked for me to take his picture. That doesn't EVER happen so it must have really inspired him! I'm sure he'll have good dreams about it tonight.
12 comments:
What a fun vacation. Oh and my kids have been grounded half the summer because our rule is if you cannot be as nice to your brothers and sisters as you are to friends you don't get to play with friends. They just get to play with friends again then the fighting starts all over and they loose there friends again. You would think they would learn to just be NICE!!!
Hey you! Looks like you are having fun this summer!!!! Your kids are soooooo cute. Obviosly you are a good mom! I'd love to see u. Call me sometime.
You are the best mom ever!!! I love seeing all the fun activities you do!
Dana
If you figure out the magic of avoiding sibling rivalry LET ME KNOW! It seems like it's non stop! Are you all settled in your new home? ~Wendy
Erin-
Great to hear from you. It's so fun to check out your blog and see how you are all doing. Your kids are so big and so cute (Could Liam look any more like you?)
And, as for ideas on family harmony.... I recommend empty threats. It work wonders for me:)
Kari
Your kids are growing up so fast! Very very cute!
We make our kids hold hands and sit on a chair if they are fighting. After doing it once, all we have to say is, "Do you want to hold hands?!!" Looks like you are having a fun summer!!
I would love to offer you advice about sibling fights, but that would require me to have a handle on the ones in my own home! Getting out of the house is always a good thing! Cute pics of the kids, you guys always know how to have a good outing.
We love the C Shop! Braxton has the same striped OSHGOSH shirt as your boys, it's my new favorite!
Oh how I miss you guys. Hopefully we can see you at rodeo! We love you!
I laughted about what you said about Russ because I think the same thing about your little sisters! Madison is a world traveler, she's too young to be out and about by herself! I guess its a reality check, yes, we're all getting older! I love Bellinghan - I love Washington! Did you know I lived up there for a year? In Vancouver, across the river from Portland, I loved it! Those berries look delicious! Good jam!!
Emillie
I can't imagine your kids fighting!! They look too sweet. I wish I had some kind of fix myself. Structure seems to be the key. Idle time breeds teasing and fighting. I usually threaten homework, which I make up for them and most of the time it works.
Post a Comment