I still don't believe it, but everyone tells me it's true: Liam turned 6 years old on Thursday. He is such a great kid - so cute and loving and funny. (Even if his sense of humor is still a little unrefined and revolves mostly around bathroom humor. Case in point: The other day he said to me, "Mom, do you want to hear a joke? It's not inappropriate, but it's STILL funny!") He is such an amazing little man and we love him so much!
We celebrated his birthday as a family this year, with plans for an extended family party at the Cache Valley Fun Park when we go back to Utah and Idaho next month. The kids bought Garreth the Lego Indiana Jones Playstation game for Father's Day and Liam is all about Indy right now. We even let him watch a little of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and he is slightly obsessed. Below you can check out his best Harrison Ford smile and see if you can sense a theme to his gifts this year:
Nana and Papa sent these awesome Hulk hands, which I'm sure will only be used for good and not evil.
We also went go-carting...
...and rode the mini-train.
Then it was home for cake and ice cream.
Tonight we went out for his birthday dinner, and like Sam, he chose Billy McHale's. But it was a close one - we almost had to go to Chuck E. Cheese's. Garreth and I really dodged a bullet on that one.
Liam and Sam decided to coordinate their outfits - green "shiny shirts" and camo shorts.
The Ratchford girls.
Here's Declan, making his vegetarian mother oh so proud.
And the other Ratchford boys.
The Billy McHale's birthday train.
Getting sung to by the wait staff with a beautiful sundae. Liam graciously gave the cherry to Sam, who ate it and said, "I just did a magic trick with the cherry! I made it disappear!"
Happy Birthday, my little man! I love you more and more every day!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Liam. We're excited to see you next month. Can we come to your party in Logan? We have a brilliant present for you (something soccer related???). See ya soon dude...
Happy Birthday Liam! It looks like you had a great day, and I bet you are going to have a blast in Idaho and Utah.
Happy late birthday Liam! It looks like you had a lot of fun! Your family looks really happy Erin. :) I love it!
Happy Birthday Liam. You are the one of the coolest kids. Your present is on its way.
What fun pictures of Liam and the kids. It looked like all of you had a great day. Check out our blog at http://bezzantfamily.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment