Warning: this post contains LOTS of parental bragging.
I love this girl.
From the minute she was born, my grandmother (and Grace's namesake) has been known to repeatedly state, "What an exceptional child."
And I have to agree. She is awesome.
And here is a little evidence to prove it.
Grace is very inquisitive and curious about the world.
Exhibit A: The science experiment. Grace brought home book orders from school. Did she choose the Hannah Montana poster and fan book? No, she did not. She chose the at-home science kit. She made a scented volcano, much to the amazement of her brothers....
... and peppermint bubbles, which were enjoyed by all.
Grace is amazing at coming up with really fun things to do and her little brothers look to her for entertainment. Some of their favorites: camping, school, and Mailman Curtis, which involves pushing Declan around the house on his car, delivering letters and packages that they write to each other. (Not sure why his name is Curtis. I don't ask, I just enjoy the rare sounds of nobody fighting.)
Another case in point. Grace won a drawing at school for a $10 gift card to Village Books in Bellingham (my favorite bookstore ever.) She picked out this book: (I know it's tiny, but deal with it.)

That's right, "The Babysitter's Handbook." I explained to her that she couldn't really start babysitting for a few more years, but she said she just wanted to practice. And practice she did. I later went upstairs to find this:
I jumped all over this and immediately brought Sam up to her room, where she had me sign in and gave us matching wristbands. (I guess so I didn't accidentally go home with the wrong kid.) Here is a picture of the babysitting center.
Notice the changing table on the left. Not pictured were the arts and crafts section and the snack station. Also, there was a Baby Einstein CD playing softly in the background. Sam stayed there for about an hour and came out happy, with crafts and pictures in tow.
Exhibit B: Grace is astonishingly smart.
I know I'm her mom and maybe a little biased, but seriously, the girl has a photogenic memory and I know her IQ is way higher than mine. To challenge her a little more, Garreth has started teaching her all the countries and their capitals. (Not states, COUNTRIES. Do you know what the capital of Mauritius is? Me either, but Grace does!) They learn two a night and find them on a map together.
See what I mean?
She is the total package. All this and beauty, too.
What a kid. I am so lucky to be her mom.
5 comments:
Brag away!!! What an awesome girl!
Dana
Grace is such a little lady. She has always had such a mature sense of humor and way about her. What a great big sister she is to your boys.
She is an amazing young lady, a great sister and daughter! Aren't you glad she's the oldest?
And satin owl pajamas, to boot!
I remember when Grace was a wee lil' lass and knew her alphabet and I think was adding or something. So keep on bragging and I wish that she could babysit for us!
Post a Comment