Just last week I was thinking how lucky we were that our family has completely avoided all sickness this winter... and I totally jinxed it.
Declan came down with an ear infection and has had a cough and runny nose all week. Poor guy... and poor parents. He is a very whiny patient.
Then Sam had a random freak accident.
Story: Garreth set up a very cool yarn zipline for Sam and Liam's "guys" that they have been loving all week long.
Well, Sam was standing on his train table, forgot that the zipline was right in front of him and jumped off. The yarn hit him in the eye and cut the corner of his eye and basically gave him a rope burn on his eyeball. Ouch!
We spent that evening in the after hours clinic, where the doctor assured me that it looks much worse than it is, just a few broken capillaries that would heal on their own. He gave us some drops to put in Sam's eye and sent us on our way, very relieved that our son would not be blind for the rest of his life.
It hasn't seemed to slow him down much.
With the energy level of our boys, it's actually a miracle that accidents like this don't happen more often. We have never had any broken bones or even stitches.... knock on wood....
In other not so exciting news, I finally replaced the cartridge of my label machine and have been having way too much fun with it.
I do not deny being a total loser.
Two of the best, most thoughtful presents Garreth ever gave me? The label maker and my own laminator. (Oh, and Sting concert tickets... and a cool bike... come to think of it, all his presents are great.) But I digress.
And I embrace my lameness.
8 comments:
Man! Sam's eye looks awful. I was just thinking that we have avoided sickness as well this winter. . . maybe I shouldn't say that out loud!
I would agree that a label maker and a laminator would be awesome presents! I have been asking for both for a long, long time!
Dana
I love labels!! Good for you so nice to have everything in its place, too bad my kids don't feel as passionate about organization as me, oh well maybe someday.
Solsbury Hill has been my favorite song for as long as I can remember. I love Peter Gabriel, Shaking The Tree has always been on my list of must have albums if stuck on a Tropical Island, aahhhh if only, it would be so warm.
Poor Sam! My eye started hurting after reading/seeing the picture. Looks painful! I love the labels!
Oh, Sam! That looks so painful! I guess my girls have been sick for all their cousins.. we are working on cold/cough #4 for Violet.
I wish I had some of those "lame" organizational skills.
Poor Sam's little eye. Wow, I don't know how you do it with all those crazy boys around. But I LOVE the labels and organization, even on Sam. You must get confused sometimes.
Sting tickets???? NOW, I'm jealous. BUT...did you know that Derrick took me to see Harry last year? We were close enough to see right into his eyes. I thought of you!
I have one of those label makers and I have been known to go a little crazy with it. Mike asks why we have to label the silverware draw? Anyway, I love the zip line idea and will probably copy if for my boys.
Post a Comment