Monday, June 23, 2008

Grace's Last Day of 2nd Grade

Grace's first day of second grade, August 2007:
Grace's last day of second grade, June 2008.
These pictures and Liam's make me laugh - the lighting in the ones I took this week makes them look SO pale!  Don't get me wrong, it's not like we all have great tans or anything (we do live in Washington after all!) 
Last week Grace's teacher called to tell me that Grace would be getting another award at the assembly on the last day of school so that we could be there.  She said that she usually doesn't give kids more than one (Grace got the academic award last trimester), but that she felt that Grace had earned the Citizenship award more than anyone else in the class!  What a great kid!

Holding her Citizenship award.
Grace, her brother, and her best friends from class!
Grace and her teacher, Mrs. McCormack.  She is an awesome teacher and Grace loves her so much!  (Yes, she looks like a supermodel in real life, too!)

Let the summer fun (and sibling fights) begin!!!

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Alice Cooper...nice song choice! Can I just say it's nice to read that someone else has sibling fights in the summer. We're a month into Summer Break now and I think I'm going mad! :) I love the first and last day shots, I might have to steal that idea.

Johnson said...

Wow, your kids get out of school late!! What a smartie and beautiful too! I noticed from your previous videos you have an iMac. We have one too and LOVE it!! It looks like your having fun on it.

Tess said...

I can't believe how big Grace and Liam are. It's crazy how fast they have grown up. We can't wait to see all of you in just a month! Did the house close?

The Schmidt Family said...

Congratulations, Grace! Cute pictures. We miss you!

Kris/Mom said...

Way to go, Grace! We are soooooo proud.

The Keister Family said...

Just like her mom! Smart and sweet! Erin, you and Garreth do such an awesome job on your blog. I'm entertained with every entry.

quincy said...

Grace-O! You are turning into such a little lady! I can't believe your going to be in 3rd grade. I am so proud of you. A great sister, friend, daughter, student..your the best. Hope to see you guys soon. I love you.
xoxoxo

SarahCeleste said...

Wow Triple Threat! We are a month into summer as well, and I am ready for school to be back in already...Love you guys!