If it seems like we haven't been up to our usual fun adventures lately, well, it's true. All we do these days is drive by houses, look at houses with our realtor, talk about houses, dream about houses, talk about driving by houses... you get the picture.
We are ready to buy and we could not be any more discouraged about buying a house here. The house we left in Price would sell for about $375,000 here, if that gives you any idea of what we're dealing with here. We have officially looked at everything in the entire county within our price range and we still haven't found one yet. (Okay, not exactly true - we did find a perfect foreclosed home at the beginning of our search. We called our realtor to make an offer and before she could even put it in, the bank that owned it accepted another offer. We are still bummed about it...)
This is how desperate we are - last week our realtor found 5 houses that were for sale last year that the owners pulled off the market, had us drive by them to see if we'd be interested, and said she would call up the owners and ask if they would be interested in selling!
And just to clarify, our standards are not that high anymore, so it's not like we're being too picky! We just want a house that is big enough for a family of six that has a little bit of grass and that we can afford. Is that too much to ask?!?!
I know this is not the happiest of posts, so I'll sign off now, leaving you with photos of some other options we are considering.......


12 comments:
Hey I understand the frustration! Our problem is a little different though. A bigger house would be a life saver.Good luck with everything! Hope you find something soon! Wendy
Oh gosh, that is depressing... I had no idea homes cost that much in WA. Happy late Birthday to Declan, I hope to meet you someday you sweet little boy!
Wouldn't you rather a double-wide, it's a little more spacious! ;) How frustrating for you, I hope you are able to find something soon.
You guys are so funny. I can't help laughing at the pictures. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time! When I went to visit my other friend up there a few weeks ago, the house next door to hers was for sale (that looked exactly like my friends) and they were asking 450k. It was just a hair bigger than ours but I was amazed how much it cost! Good luck! If you don't find anything, will you please move back to Utah? :)
We miss you too!
Does the motor home run? You would always have your home with you! I need to run home and get....wait a minute, my house is here! Let me just run home and grab....shucks, my house is parked right outside!
Marcus saw the pics of Liam and was very sad :( Good luck though!
Good luck with the house hunting. I love the addition of the books in the sidebar.
How sad! I'm so sorry. I hate house hunting. Dan and I had sun at first, but by the end we were both about to give up. At least the market here was better. I really hope you guys find something!
Knackers have survived for centuries with a caravan, cans of peas and dogs. You guys can make it too. Here is what you do. Go to the best house in the best neighborhood and knock on their door. When they answer you grab the husband by the head and drag him into his own living room. You tell him that you "have" to have his house and that he better sign the papers immediatly. This is a technique that Rachel learned in her Real Estate classes. It's very effective.
House hunting used to be a past time of mine also. My kids have a great sense of direction now because all we did for fun for about 2 years was drive past houses. I have another option for you to add to your housing choices!!! Google image the word yurt. I think you will love the idea.
I love to see what you are reading! We are book clubbing 'Three Cups of Tea'. I haven't even picked it up yet.
Good luck with the housing market.
Ya know, there's a tried and true Arkansas method: find a couple old school buses, they don't have to run (they are cheaper that way actually), gut them, and you'd be suprised how many beds can fit in there. Lots of windows too! I love looking at your blog, I hope you don't mind. I can't believe how big your kids are, and we've never met little Declan!They are all so adorable. Your blogging inspires me to do better with mine. Ollie
OMG...that is too funny...We feel your pain...we just want to finish our stinkig house & cant seem to find materials in our price range...lol....but for what its worth...we love you & I have lost 100 lbs...not that that has anything to do with you still looking for a house, but its something Im way proud of!!!...love ya & come to Texas, we can find you a great house dirt cheap!!!
ok the anonymous person is me (Heather Contreras)...I cant remember my user name & password to my bligspot account...anyway...we all love & miss you alot!!!
Post a Comment