Sunday, March 2, 2008

SAM JAMMERSON

THINGS I LOVE ABOUT SAM

He loves to help me with laundry and cleaning, but his favorite thing to help with is cooking or baking.  He's the next Emeril.

He is a great sport and fun to take places.  He loves a new adventure!  He is a champion hiker and never complains.

He says "Hustraunt" instead of "Restaurant."

He eats anything.

He is always the first to say "Thanks, Mommy" at mealtimes.

He asks to go take a nap or go to bed when he's tired, and he's a great sleeper.

I love his obsession with Dottie (his blanket), even though there have been times I've cursed that thing.... mostly when we've left her at home or thought we'd lost her somewhere.  But Dottie will always be a part of our family - I can't imagine Sam without her!

Sam is a big time bath-lover! He would love to take a bath three times a day if we'd let him.

He would also love to be read to all day long.  He has many favorite books and loves to hear them over and over and over again.  This week's pick is "A Fish Out of Water."  I love how he memorizes parts of the stories and uses lines from them in everyday life.  The other night at dinner, I asked him if he liked his food and he said, "I like it!  I like that party hat!" (That week's book was "Go Dog Go!")

He has beautiful hands, with very long piano-playing, surgeon fingers.

He is very tall and a bit gangly.  He has an adorable baby giraffe run and he falls down awkwardly at least three times a day.  People are always surprised to hear that he's only two, since he looks like a four year old.  

He is a terrific big brother to Declan.

He idolizes Liam and copies everything he does, good or bad!  I love the way those two wrestle! 

I love Sam's beautiful big brown eyes and his three-inch long eyelashes.  (So unfair!)

He is very brave and daring, a true nutcase.

He loves to be naked.  When we undress him for a bath, he runs away and says, "I HAVE to shake my booty!"

He gives great hugs.

He says, "I love you, Mama" at least five times a day.

He is such a sweet, crazy, loving little boy.  From the day he was placed in my arms, he has taught me so much about myself.  He is an amazing, beautiful child and I am so blessed to be his mom.  

3 comments:

Shannon said...

It's great that they are such sweet and fun boys! I love how you find so much joy in being their mother. It brings me hope that one day we too will be blessed with a miracle baby just as your family was with Sam and Declan. It is amazing how everyone's eternal plan is so different. How grateful we are to be able to have adoption a part of our lives.

Love, Shannon

The Schmidt Family said...

These were so sweet! We, too, love your little boys! I got teary eyed reading it! Very sweet. We miss you guys!

Nicole said...

I think Jeff and Sam would get along so well, they have a lot in common. :) What a sweet tribute to your kids!