Saturday, May 24, 2008

Daddy Daughter Date

The Daddy Daughter Date. We had a blast. We went to a Dutch restaurant and had schnitzel and then cruised on down to the local roller rink for some boogie bounce funk groovin. Grace is a really good skater, but dad is....well......really crap at skating. After that, we went to Grace's favorite, Cold Stone Creamery to throw back a few cold ones (cones that is). Grace is the coolest kid in the universe and just spending some one on one time was brilliant. She is growing up so fast, and I am always so busy,  and we really just needed to go hang out and talk and laugh. Just talking to her all night was so great. That is one impressive 8 year old.     
Posing with skates on. Nancy Kerrigan like. 

2 comments:

The Keister Family said...

Could Grace come stay at my place for a while and help my girls? She seems so amazing. Garreth, I see the Canadian flag in the background at the rink, are you training Grace for a little NHL? Cool date!

The Schmidt Family said...

This is the first time I've been on the internet for at least a week! I love your new posts. Tom and I just bought roller blades and we love it! We forgot how much fun it is. Sam - it looks like your bug party was a real hit. Grace that is cool you got retainers. I was always sad, too, because I never got to wear one, and the colors sound great. We love you guys!!