Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day Fun

We had a really nice Mothers Day yesterday.  
The kids were so excited to give me the presents they had been working on at school, and Grace even secretly helped Sam and Declan color pictures for me so they'd have something to give me, too.  I feel so blessed to have the beautiful family I have, including a sweet husband who spoils me and makes me laugh every day.  I am one lucky girl!

After church and naps, we went down to Lake Padden for a nice walk around the lake.
We saw lots of baby ducklings, including these ones, out for a Mothers Day swim with their mom. 
Liam got a new football, so we brought it to toss around a bit at the park by the lake.  The boys are really into football right now and are pretty good little players.  Even though this picture of Liam is a bit fuzzy, I just love the stance and the look on his face.  Such concentration!
Quarterback Sam.
Contemplative Sam.





7 comments:

wendy said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too. You are always doing such fun things with your family! My Son throws the football just like Liam. I always get a good chuckle out of watching him because he has to find his "target". Cute pictures. ~Wendy

wendy said...

Erin! you're reading New Moon?! How are you liking it? Are you like me, & nothing gets done in your life or your families life? I really enjoyed all of the books. I have heard her new book the host is really good too. The Young Women in my ward couldn't stop talking about the books. & then it was the sisters in RS. & then it was the moms @ pre-school. Finally I just gave in. ~Wendy

Ratchfords said...

Wendy,
Yes! I love this book! It's not consuming me like "Twilight" did (I read that one in two days and stayed up until 3 in the morning finishing it!) but I do love it, even though Edward's gone right now. :( I was the same way - everyone told me how great it was, but I'd say, "I'm just not really into vampires." When I finally gave in, I was so glad because I LOVE the series so much! If anyone else is reading this who hasn't read "Twilight," I highly recommend it!!!!
Erin

The Schmidt Family said...

Cute pictures! All our pictures make me so excited to visit! Ferndale looks beautiful. And you kids are all so cute.

Nicole said...

So glad to see that you had a happy mother's day. Your kids are so cute!
I've read Twilight, but now it sounds like I need to finish the series...I'll be the only one who hasn't! :)

wendy said...

Erin,
I felt the same way about 'New Moon'-kinda slow & hated to see Edward go, but the end is awesome! & wait until you get to 'Eclipse'! I thought it was more like 'Twilight'. Happy Reading! ~Wendy

Kris/Mom said...

Liam looks more like you every day. What a group of cuties!
Mom