Happy Mothers Day, Nanny Flo!
A TRIBUTE TO THE MIGHTY FLO

She's a world traveler with street smarts to boot.
All the kids love her because she takes time with each of them and makes them feel special.
She is absolutely mad and is usually up for whatever's going on. She is great for a laugh and she has a great sense of humor with absolutely no pretenses. She is the least snobby person in the world and you'll never meet anyone more down to earth.
She is a stud magnet. I had to beat these two off her.
What we love about Nanny Flo:
1. She's very kindhearted. (Grace)
2. She makes the best food. (Grace)
3. She gave birth to and raised the best man I've ever known. (Garreth, of course, although Stephen and Davy are pretty great, too!) (Erin)
4. She is so good with the kids. She always gets down and plays with them and thinks of really fun things to do. She is a terrific grandma! (Erin)
5. She's a great sport and always up for anything. (Erin)
6. She's very generous and would do anything for us. (Erin)
7. She has a cute dog named Sassy. (Liam)
8. She's nice. (Liam)
9. I like ladybugs climbing on my shoulders. (Sam)
10. She always gives us presents. (Liam)
11. She always gives us treats when we go to her house. (Sam)
12. Her have suckers. (Sam)
13. I love her. (Sam)
14. Her has pop at her house (Sam)
15. What I love about Ma that makes her so unique, is that she would honestly live out of cardboard box with one set of clothes and could still be happy. She places very little value on material things and a whole lot of value on the people around her. She has a keen eye for those in need and gives freely of her time and energy to the less fortunate around her. She has always been gifted that way. She's always been a champion for the underdogs of the world and defends them tooth and nail. I know she was brought up that way seeing her own mother care for the poor and the sick when they had very little themselves. She is a modern day Mother Theresa for the sick and the old at St. Marks where she lives. I respect and admire her charity. She is an amazing example to us all. (Garreth)
16. You might think you're a hard worker, until you visit her on her hands and knees at work scrubbing floors at age 63. Whenever I think my job is tough, I think of her busting her rear end at her age, making enough to get by and fully understand just how easy I really have it. She has always been a really hard worker and inspired me to follow suit. She is one tough woman and I am very very proud to be her son. I owe so much to her and understand how hard it was for her to leave her country and family and show up in America with little more than an idea, two strong hands, a willingness to work, an appreciation that work is work and you take what job you can get, say thanks, and ask for more, and above all a fierce determination to provide her children with hopefully more opportunity than she had. Her story is one of sacrifice for her kids and I'll never have the means to repay her. I love her dearly. She is my hero. (Garreth)
WE LOVE YOU, MA!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment