This will be the kind of post that I don't like to do (lots of words and no pictures) but I thought I'd write a little about what we've been up to. Our week can be summed up in three words:
1. SICKNESS. Poor Declan has been hating life since Sunday, when he started getting sick with:
A. A double ear infection. The doctor assures me that this is not as painful as when he didn't have tubes, but judging from the amount of yellow gick draining constantly from both ears, I know it can't be pleasant either. The only good news is that we can put antibiotic drops straight into his ears instead of pumping them through his whole body.
B. A nasty stomach bug which started out as a day of vomiting followed by three days of explosive, change-clothes-six-times-a-day diarrhea.
C. A bad diaper rash/yeast infection caused by said diarrhea.
Poor Deco! He is a trooper, as always, and seems to be getting better each day, but it has not been the best week.
2. YARDWORK. I finally accepted that we will be in this rental house at least another month and got out to tackle the yard. (Maybe to escape the constant smell in my house due to above-mentioned diarrhea?) The old lady that lived here before our landlord bought the house was apparently an absolutely amazing gardener. I know we will never live in a house with a more beautiful yard than this. In this wet climate, things grow up here that I've never even seen before, in colors that are so gorgeous. (If I were a better blogger, I'd go take some pictures to illustrate...) Every week something new is blooming in our yard. I don't know how she kept it up. I can't even stay on top of the weeds, which unfortunately grow just as abundantly.
3. WAITING. We still don't know anymore about our house. The loss mitigator at the seller's bank has been on vacation (of course). They're telling us that we should know in the next few days, but whatever, they've been telling us that since bleedin' APRIL 4th when we made the offer! We're also waiting for school to get out. I can't believe we still have 3 more weeks! I know I wasn't complaining when we had a huge long Christmas break, a mid-winter break, and a spring break... but June 20? Come on! I can't wait to get into our laid-back summer routine!
2 comments:
I hope Declan gets feeling better soon, poor kid, that's no fun. 3 more weeks of school? That is a long time, Lindsey got out last Friday, but she also starts again the first week of August. Hopefully you really do hear something soon about your house, I'm sure it's getting quite annoying for you.
Good luck - Hang in there and I hope Declan gets feeling better.
Post a Comment