Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Halloween

It was fun to be in Preston at Halloween time and get to be with our extended family.  The night before Halloween we went to Papa and Nana's ward trunk-or-treat and carnival and had lots of fun.





The Brandts definitely had the best family costumes:  Curious George and the man with the yellow hat, and Miss Clavel and Madeline.



On Halloween we had a Pizza Villa picnic lunch at the Lions Park.

I love Garreth and Declan's matching expressions in this one!


Sometimes, when Sam is feeling like a crazy daredevil, he goes down the slide with his EYES CLOSED!  He likes danger.
This is Garreth's "frolicking in the leaves" face.
That night, we got all dressed up and went down to Grandpa and Grandma Beckstead's house to trick or treat.  I love that we got to do this, because it reminded me of Halloween when I was a kid - we'd always go there and to my great-grandparents' house.  This was our attempt at getting a big cousin picture at their house:

The three big kids went trick or treating with Garreth and the cousins in Papa and Nana's neighborhood and I stayed home to put grumpy Declan to bed!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Erin! I miss you and your darling family! Glad you guys had a fun halloween....I love Sam's cowboy, it must be a 3 year old thing, Braxton was a cowboy too!

wendy said...

Looks so fun! WE love Pizza Villa, Big J's & Taco Maker Picnics in the park too!
The picture of your family in the leaves is so cute!