Since mild, non-rainy days are getting fewer and far between these days on the lovely Washington coast, we knew we needed to go on a hike this afternoon. We went to the Stimpson Family Nature Reserve for the first (and definitely not the last) time. Wow, was it beautiful.
You may have noticed that I wear this hat a lot, and it's true, I have many bad hair days. But today I was feeling extra self-conscious about my 'do. I went to a new hair salon for a cut this morning, where my cute Russian stylist told me everything that sucks about my hair. Apparently, I have the strangest-cut bangs she has ever seen and she was appalled at my grown-out highlights. ("Honey, you need to get those retouched or just go back to your brown color. No more stripes!!") The funny thing is, I seriously was not offended until I got home and told Garreth what she said. Maybe I was assuaged by the darling Russian accent.
Here is Declan, playing a game he loves, called "Push Declan's stroller down the trail on its own and Mommy will catch him."
Scaling across a fallen tree. It was not this dark in the forest, my camera is just not the greatest. If the flash is on, the picture is dark and if it's off, the color is good but the image is fuzzy, like here:
My attempts at getting a good picture of the little hikers.
2 comments:
I think cameras are programmed to give us grief and frustration!
More great hiking pictures, your kids are cute as always. As far as your Russian stylist, is she trying to get more $$ out of you or generally concerned for the well-being of your hair???;) I think you look great in hats, I wish I did.
It looks like you live in a beautiful area! I have never traveled up your direction, but I hope to get there someday!
Dana
Post a Comment