I have the best church calling ever - teaching the six year olds in Primary - and I LOVE IT! We had a Primary class Halloween party at our house and had a lot of fun.
My cute class.
Decorating cupcakes.
The cake walk.
I really do love going to Primary each week. They are such a sweet group of kids and they make me laugh so hard. Here are a few funnies that I don't want to forget:
My first week teaching, there was a little girl who was crying and not wanting to go to class. She has gorgeous long, red, curly hair, so I said to her, "Did you know that you have the most beautiful hair I've ever seen? You look like Ariel, the little mermaid!" She immediately stopped crying and said, "I know. I sing like her, too. Ah Ah Ah, Ah Ah Ah," and went straight into the song Ariel sings when the witch takes her voice.
The last lesson I taught was on service and we were talking about ways we can serve others. We covered all the standard answers - make brother's bed, obey mom and dad, do the dishes. Then one kid said, "If someone gets their cheek sliced off, you could get a bandaid for them." What?!
My favorite: In Sharing Time, one little girl was sitting next to me and snuggling up to me. She looked up at me and whispered, "I don't know why, but I just love you so much! You're like a mother to me!" They better not ever release me from this calling.
1 comments:
Primary is a great calling. I never get responses like those in Relief Society.
Post a Comment